1. If you are reusing a box, remove any previous address labels and colour over written marks with black marker so there is no confusion with the delivery of your consignments.
2. Make sure you have a consignment task number note fixed on the top of your on-demand consignment, or write it very CLEARLY using pen or marker.
3. Make sure that the consignment note is secured and clearly visible on your package.
4. Make sure the packaging materials suit the content of the consignment.
5. Pack with quality shock-absorbing packaging materials for sensitive or fragile items.
6. Use high quality cardboard or plastic bins. Do not use damaged boxes and bins.
7. Place enough cushioning materials at the bottom and sides of containers to support consignments during transit.
8. Pack the heaviest item first followed by the lightest on top.
9. Seal your consignment properly and securely with at least 2 inch wide packing tape. Do not use adhesives or masking tape.
10. When sending fragile items, always place them in the centre of the packaging and cushion them well, for better protection and to prevent wobbling.
11. Protect and secure edges and pointy ends. Customer is liable for any damage or injury done to GOFR Courier property or agents.
12. If your consignment weighs more than 40 pounds, it should be stuffed with harder packing materials to prevent moving and wobbling and to avoid any internal damage during transit.
13. Wrap rolled goods (e.g. carpets, textiles, or rolled building materials) in protective covering and strap them with rope or sealing tape.
14. Pack liquids and spillable items in leak-proof containers. Cleaning fees may apply to customer if a spill occurs while in transit.
15. Pack powder materials and fine grains in sealed containers/ boxes.
16. Use separating (cardboard) walls and newspaper or special packaging materials when sending fragile items.
17. Use greaseproof paper to pack oily and fragrant liquids.
© GOFR Courier 2018. All rights reserved.